Juki has become a popular brand of sewing machines and sergers over the last decade and the Juki MO-644D portable serger is becoming increasingly popular both due to its function and its small size.
Table of Content
Juki MO-644D Portable Serger – Compact and Popular
JUKI MO644D Portable Serger
Features of this serger include:
- 2/3/4 thread serger with automatically rolled hem
- Color coded threading breakaway looper adjustment for stitch length and differential feed
- Powerful knife system with a dedicated drive system
- Designed for light to medium weight fabric
- Measures 10.6” X 13.4” X 11.6”
- Optional presser feet for cording, gathering, blind stitch, piping and more (sold separately)
The Juki MO-644D Portable Serger is a relatively low priced serger that seems to be ideal for beginners.
Once you get the hang of using a serger there are optional presser feet you can purchase to make the machine more versatile and functional.
While there aren’t thousands of reviews for this product there is slightly over three dozen, with most users being extremely impressed with this little Juki serger and giving it both high ratings and exceptionally positive reviews.
With the exception of one or two people who bought a machine that was non-functioning, the majority of users got exactly the machine they were expecting to get and found the following benefits when using this machine.
- Quiet Operation – Users felt that this serger was much quieter than they had expected it to be, which is really nice for those who spend long hours sewing.
- Threads Fairly Easily – Several users were surprised that this serger wasn’t all that difficult to thread, although they did say you definitely needed to follow the manual, at least for the first few threadings.
- Easy to Use – Several people who purchased this machine stated that this was their very first machine of this kind and were thrilled with how easy this serger was to use right from the beginning.
- Real Work Horse – Those users who have used other sergers in the past, stated that this one is a real workhorse and can sew through almost any fabric that you throw at it despite being designed for light to medium weight fabrics.
Overall most users find this machine to meet their needs beautifully. If you are a beginner, here is the best serger options for beginners, too.
However, if you are considering buying this serger, you do need to note that this machine is not really designed to sew heavy denim, wool blends, or other heavy materials.
Other Serger Options to Consider