Although they don’t give you as close of shave as a safety razor, electric shavers for men are incredibly popular. Finding the best electric shaver for black men doesn’t need to take you hours upon hours of searching!
While some men prefer an electric razor because they can get a faster shave with one than with a standard safety razor, others may need to use one for safety reasons, as nicks from safety razors can cause health issues for those people who have issues with infections or excessive bleeding.
However, not every electric shaver is right for everyone, and research shows that the best electric shaver for black men, may not be suitable for everyone.
However, here is a look at four electric shavers that work well on all different beard types from thin and fine to coarse and curly.
Table of Content
- 1 Best Electric Shaver For Black Men to Use
- 1.1 Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc-4 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head
- 1.2 Panasonic ES8103S Arc 3 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades (Silver)
- 1.3 Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Shaver System (Silver)
- 1.4 Philips Norelco PT 730 Powertouch Electric Razor
- 1.5 More Electric Shaver Options for Men
Best Electric Shaver For Black Men to Use
Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc-4 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head
Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Men’s Electric Razor, 4-Blade Cordless with Wet/Dry Shaver Convenience Men who want a close shave look for an electric razor or shaver that can conform easily to the different contours of their face and neck.
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc-4 Men’s Electric Shaver is designed to follow different facial contours in order to give you as close of a shave as possible.
Features of this Shaver include:
- 4 blade cutting system with 30 degree Nanoblades for a clean shaving experience whether you prefer wet or dry shaving.
- 14,000 CPM fast Linear Motor drive system.
- Multi flex pivoting head
- 1 Hour charge gives you up to 45 minutes of usage
- Multi stage Arc foil and thin outer foil and pop up trimmer
- 1 stage LCD display
- Comes with a travel pouch
- Measures 6.5” X 2.7” X 2.2” and weights only 7.1 ounce
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 is an upper end shaver and is quite expensive when compared to other shavers.
It is also a cordless shaver and cannot be used while plugged in, this means that should the battery die while you are shaving you have to wait for the shaver to recharge before continuing.
While this shaver is considered to be exceptionally good at giving a close shave it is not designed to be used for shaping beards and sideburns.
A look at various reviews across the Net shows this shaver to be quite popular with around 1000 different reviews for his shaver.
It also gets extremely good ratings overall with users finding the following benefits when using the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4:
- Gives an Extremely Close Shave – While users admit that this electric shaver does not shave as close as a good safety razor, they do state that it comes extremely close and shaving takes a shorter period of time when using this shaver.
- Waterproof – The fact that this shaver is waterproof is a huge benefit for many users since it can not only be used for wet or dry shaving, but can be used in the shower, making for less clean-up of those cut whiskers.
- Less Irritation – Many electric shavers cause irritation to the skin due to the fact, that you often have to run the shaver over the same area several times to get a close shave. This shaver gets even the most stubborn whiskers in one or two passes, resulting in less irritation to the skin
- Cleans Easily – Users like the fact that this shaver is easy to clean with just water.
While the vast majority of users feel this is one of the best electric shavers they have ever owned, they did note a few problems with it.
These problems include:
- Shaves closer on the face than on the neck
- Works better when wet shaving than it does for dry shaving
Overall, most users felt that the Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc 4 is an excellent electric shaver working on various different whisker or hair types and stating that they would purchase this shaver again.
Click Here To Get The Most Up To Date Price Of Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc-4 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head On Amazon.Com
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades, 3-Blade Cordless with Flexible Pivoting Head
Panasonic ES8103S Arc 3 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades (Silver)
Another incredibly popular and well rated electric shaver by Panasonic is the Panasonic ES8103S Arc 3 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades.
This shaver is a forerunner of the Panasonic ES-LA-S arc 4 and features 3 cutting blades instead of 4.
It is also priced somewhat lower than the ES-LA-S arc 4 and comes in an attractive silver color.
Features of this shaver include:
- Sharp nanotechnology blades with arched foil to provide a closer shave
- Adjustable pivoting head follows the contours of your face to make sure to give you a closer shave in both peaks and valleys.
- 13,000 RPM motor provides a constant stream of cutting power
- Can use this shaver for either wet or dry shaving
- Includes a handy pop up trimming for detail grooming
- Has a turbo cleaning mode that uses 17,000 RPMs to shake off those stuck on whiskers and shaving residue
- 100% washable
It should be noted that the Panasonic ES8103S electric shaver is designed for cordless shaving.
While this gives you the freedom of movement many men like, and allows you to use this shaver in or out of the shower, it also means that should the battery run down in the middle of the shave you will have to recharge the shaver before you can complete your grooming.
While this probably won’t cause a problem on a day to day basis, it could create a problem on some occasions.
It also means that when the built in battery dies, you have to dispose of the shaver, even if everything else is working like new.
Users really like this shaver and give it good marks on everything from the way it is designed to how it functions.
Benefits that users stated they found when using the Panasonic ES8103S include:
- Close Shave with No Pulling of Hairs – Many users like the fact that this electric shaver gives them a nice close shave without pulling those whiskers like other electric shavers sometimes do.
- Nice Even Shave – Although users admit they sometimes have to go over a shaved area more than once, they don’t seem to mind as they feel this shaver gives a nice even shave, rather than leaving some whiskers longer than others forcing them to re-shave with a safety razor.
- Fair Battery Life – Most users feel that the battery life of this electric shaver is fairly long, keeping them from having to charge the shaver after every use.
The one negative that users found consistently is that this shaver gives a much closer shave on the face than on the neck area.
Overall, users felt that the Panasonic ES8103S electric shaver did an excellent job of keeping them well groomed on a daily basis.
Click Here To Get The Most Up To Date Price Of Panasonic ES8103S Arc 3 Men’s Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Nanotech Blades On Amazon.Com
Braun Electric Shaver, Series 7 790cc Men’s Electric Foil Shaver/Electric Razor, with Clean & Charge Station, Cordless
Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Shaver System (Silver)
The Braun Series 7-790cc Pulsonic Shaver System is another popular electric shaver that does incredibly well in ratings. Features of this shaver includes:
- Pulsonic technology produces 10,000 micro vibrations
- 3 personalization modes for individual needs include sensitive, normal and intense
- Flexible shaving system designed to meet almost every need
- Activelift, lifts up those flat hairs so that the blades can cut them the first time around
- Opti foil
- 3 cutting elements
- 100% waterproof – can be used for wet or dry shaving or in and out of the water
- LCD display shows when battery is charging, when battery life is getting low, and hygiene status
The Braun Company recommends that you change the cutting heads every 18 months to insure that you get a continued close shave.
In addition, the clean and renew cartridge needs to be changed every two months.
With somewhere around 2000 reviews scattered around the net, it is somewhat surprising that this shaver gets excellent reviews across the board.
Users feel that this is a good looking and well made shaver and find that the Braun Series 7 offer them following benefits:
- Close Shave for an Electric Shaver – While it does not shave as close as safety razor many users feel that it comes extremely close.
- Less Irritation – Users find that since the blades of this shaver are nice and sharp, it gives them a clean shave with less irritation.
- Easy to Use – Users find this electric razor easy to use unlike many other shavers that have a fairly extensive learning curve before you get a clean shave.
While some users like the cleaning solution and feel it keeps their shaver cleaner and more hygienic, others feel that it isn’t necessary and that keeping up with replacing the clean and renew cartridges significantly adds to the cost of this product.
Overall, users find the Braun Series 7-790cc electric shaver lives up to all it’s promises and provides them with a quality shave.
However, it should be noted that several users feel some of Brauns less expensive shavers do as good or better of a job at giving close shave at a lower cost.
Philips Norelco PT 730 Powertouch Electric Razor
If you are looking for a good electric shaver that costs a bit less than those high end shavers with all the bells and whistles, then the moderately priced Philips Norelco PT730 Powertouch Electric Razor should be of great interest to you.
While it may lack some of the fancier additions of those top of line shavers, it does have some features that make it extremely useful as well less expensive.
Features of the Philips Norelco PT 730 include:
- Dual precision shaving system that effectively shaves both short and long hairs
- Flexing head adjusts to contours of your face easily and effortless
- Completely washable and can be used in or out of the shower.
- Uses HQ8 replacement heads (heads should be replaced once a year)
- Can be used as a corded or cordless shaver. Runs 40 minutes on a 8 hours charge
- Safety cap protects shaving head when traveling
- World wide voltage function
- Pop up sideburn/mustache trimmer
- LED battery indicator
The battery on the PT 730 is subject to memory effect so it is important that you don’t charge the battery until it is almost out of power.
You should also not overcharge the battery once it is fully charged.
While this does cause problems the fact that this shaver can be used with the cord adds to the overall durability of this electric razor, giving you more value for your money.
The PT 730 is an extremely popular lower priced electric shaver that gets quite good reviews from various review sites.
While some users feel it lacks the power and strength of some of the higher end shavers, most users are pleased with the way this razor functions and find it has many benefits including:
- Close Smooth Shave – Users state that as long as the cutting heads on this shaver are sharp you get a really close and smooth shave. The heads are replaceable so there is no worry that you will be stuck with an unusable shaver after the heads become dull.
- Good Lasting Charge – When charged properly the battery holds a charge fairly well.
- Lightweight – Many users like the fact that this razor is lightweight and quite comfortable to hold.
- Excellent Value – Users also noted that since this shaver has universal voltage and can be used both corded and for cordless use as well as in or out of the shower, and is easy to clean that it is an excellent value for the price of the shaver.
It should be noted that a few users did find that their face did become irritated when using this electric razor and that others noted charging problems, quite possibly due to charging the battery too soon and too often shortening the running life of the battery.
However, overall, people like the Philips Norelco electric razor and find that it does a great job for an even great price.
More Electric Shaver Options for Men
Braun Electric Shaver, Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Men’s Electric Razor / Electric Foil Shaver, Rechargeable, Wet & Dry, BluePanasonic Arc5 Electric Razor, Men’s 5-Blade Cordless with Shave Sensor Braun Electric Shaver, Series 9 9290cc Men’s Electric Razor/Electric