If you love espresso, lattes or other coffee drinks but hate the weekly cost of visiting those coffee shops to get your favorite beverage 2, 3, or more times a day then purchasing your own stainless steel espresso machine makes good sense.
Not only does stainless steel look great in your kitchen, but it is one of the longest lasting cooking materials available.
Here is a look at some of the most popular stainless steel espresso machines.
Table of Content
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
The Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is not only a great looking stainless steel espresso machine, it is also extremely popular.
It is priced at the mid price range for espresso machines, which may account for some of this machine’s popularity as it is ¼ to ½ of the price that you would pay for a high end espresso maker and includes its own built in bean grinder.
Features of this machine include:
- 15 bar Italian Pump and 1600W Thermocoil heating system
- Stainless steel outer
- Purge function: auto adjusts water temperature
- Includes a Stainless Steel conical burr grinder ½ pound sealed bean hopper
With the BES870XL you will feel like a real Barista as this machine looks much like those espresso machines you find in those high priced specialty stores.
This machine will look great sitting on your kitchen counter and is sure to impress your friends and relatives as well as your taste buds.
The Breville BES870 rates well overall in reviews and many users state that this is one of their favorite kitchen appliances.
For many, this espresso machine was worth the investment; however, there were others who felt the price outweighed the machine’s usefulness.
Benefits users found with this machine include:
- Looks Great – Users love the professional look of the Breville BES870XL and state that it looks great sitting on the kitchen counter top.
- Grinder is Right on the Machine – Users really like the fact that this espresso machine comes with a coffee grinder built right in, saving them from having to have another appliance sitting on their kitchen cabinet.
- Makes Excellent Espresso – Several users stated that the espresso that comes from this machine is every bit as good as what they get in the local espresso shop, which means they use it more often, saving money in the long run.
- Beautiful Crema – What would espresso be without crema? Users love the fact that this machine produces beautiful crema, enhancing their overall experience with this machine.
Gaggi 14101 Classic Espresso Machine Brushed Stainless Steel
Another incredible espresso machine is the Gaggi 14101.
A mid-priced machine, the Italian made Gaggi 14101 has some very nice features that are often found only in higher end machines.
Features of this machine include:
- 72 ounce removable water reservoir
- Stainless steel housing, brass portafilters, and grouphead
- 17 ½ bar pump with high voltage boiler, hot water dispenser (perfect for those Americanos) and frothing wand.
- Single and Double shot Stainless Steel filter basket, tamper, and measuring cup
- Measures: 14 1/2” X 8” X 9 1/2”
While the Gaggi 14101 may lack the professional look of some of the other espresso machines on the market, it no less is a handsome machine that according to users produces excellent espresso, which is all most espresso lovers really want.
While a few users felt that the boilers on this machine lacked the quality of the rest of the machine, and most users found the manual poorly written and less than informational, the majority of users nonetheless really like the Gaggi 14101 and feel it meets their needs exceptionally well.
Benefits of this machine include:
- Easy to Use – Users state that once they figure out how this espresso machine works, it is extremely easy to use, which makes it incredibly useful.
- Makes Good Crema – This machine makes excellent crema, giving their espresso that professional coffee house look.
- Simple Solid Design – Users like the fact that this espresso machine has a solid design that is likely to last for years.
- Some Users Find that this Machine Lasts Them for Years – While a few people find the boilers do not hold up well, other users find that this machine will last them for several years.
SAECO HD8857/47 Philips Exprellia EVO Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
For those Espresso lovers who like high end espresso makers that have all the bells and whistles, the SAECO HD8857/47 just may be the one you are looking for.
Features of this machine include:
- Latte perfetto technology: Professional dense foam
- Double boiler for fast professional results
- Auto cleaning and descaling
- One click removable brewing group
- Made in Italy
- Measures: 13” X 20” X 19.8”
The SAECO HD8857/47 is perfect for those looking for a high end espresso machine to wow their friends, also makes a perfect espresso, latte and other coffee drinks.
As one would expect from a high end espresso maker with an extremely high price tag, the cost of this machine makes for less customers and therefore fewer reviews.
However, there are still a fair number of users who did purchase the SAECO coffee machine and felt it was well worth the price.
Benefits users found when using this machine include:
- Makes Great Tasting Espresso – Users are thrilled with the taste of the espresso that comes out of this machine, stating it is every bit as good as you would find in high end coffee shops.
- Fast – Users also like the fact that the machine works quickly, so there is no waiting around to get that cup of great tasting espresso.
- Can Customize Your Espresso, lattes and More to Your Specific Taste – What could be better than being able to find tune the strength and taste of those coffee drinks to the exact taste you enjoy.
- After Using, the Machine Automatically Rinses Itself and Goes into Sleep Mode – Most users are thrilled with the fact that this machine basically cleans itself, saving them time and effort in the kitchen.
Vev Vigano Carioca Nero 6 Cup Espresso Maker
Not every espresso lover has the money to purchase a high end or even a mid range espresso machine, and not every espresso lover has the counter space to have a fairly large machine taking up value kitchen real estate.
So for those espresso lovers whose needs are not met by those automatic espresso machines, the Vev Vigano Carioca Nero 6 cup Espresso Maker is the ideal alternative.
Features of this Espresso maker include:
- Stove top espresso maker
- Polished high quality 18/10 stainless steel body
- Stainless steel filter basket
- Brass pressure safety release valve
- Durable black plastic handle and lid knob
For those espresso and latte lovers who have neither the budget nor the space for those large counter top espresso machines, this stove top espresso maker is the perfect alternative.
Attractive and useful, this espresso maker still makes a great espresso without all those bells and whistles.
Those who purchased the Vev Vigano Carioca Espresso maker really love both it’s design and the way it functions. They feel that this reasonably price stove top espresso maker allows them to enjoy the coffee drinks they love at a price that is easy to afford. Benefits of this espresso maker include:
- Simple to Use/ Easy to Clean – Without all those extra wands, water tanks and other parts, this espresso machine is both incredibly simple to use and easy to clean. It really is a no fuss, no muss machine.
- Well Made – Users find this stove top espresso maker well made. Although a few users worry about the plastic handle, there have been no issues reported with it melting or breaking off.
- Makes Good Strong Espresso – Users find that despite being a simplified version of those high end espresso machines, this little stove top version is still capable of making good strong espresso.
The Simple fact is, if you are looking for a good quality espresso machine for home use, there is one to fit every taste and budget.