Hoover makes some of the best vacuum cleaners on the market today, so it only makes sense that this company would try their hand at designing and manufacturing an air purifier that vacuums the air instead of the floor.
So let’s take a look at the Hoover air purifier 600, WH10600 and see if this unit measures up to other air purifiers available today.
Features of the Hoover Air Purifier WH10600:
- Designed to clean rooms of 79 square feet or less
- Titanium dioxide (Ti02) coated screen boosts the UV effectiveness, helping to remove 99.9% of germs
- UV bulb helps to remove airborne germs and bacteria and can be turned off when not needed.
- Pre-filter removes large particles such as lint and cat hair from the air, helping the HEPA filter to last longer
- Pre-filter is permanent and can be rinsed
- HEPA filter catches small pollen particles and the Charcoal filter helps to remove odors
- Auto sensor allows the air purifier to automatically adjust to clean dirtier air
- Indicator light will tell you when the HEPA filter needs changed
- Measures 28” X 9.5” X 12.8”
- Comes with a remote control
Table of Content
What You Should Know About the Hoover Air Purifier 600, WH10600
Before deciding whether or not this Hoover Air Purifier is right for you there are some things you should know about this specific product in order to help you make a more informed choice when deciding if this is the right appliance for you and your home.
Room Size Filtration
One of the things you will need to consider is the size of room you plan to use this air filter in.
Designed to only clean the air in a 79 square feet area means this air purifier will only clean the air in a room about 8 feet by 10 feet.
While this is adequate to be used in a small bedroom or perhaps bathroom, this appliance simply won’t be adequate for kitchen or living room use unless you plan on using more that one purifier in larger rooms.
UV Light Can Be Turned Off
Even the best UV lights and ionizers produce at least a minute amount of ozone.
Ozone levels can build up over time and pose health issues for many people, including making asthma symptoms worse.
The fact that the ionizer on this air purifier can be turned on and off is important as it will allow you to run the ionizer when you are not in the room and then shut it off and open a window or provide another source of ventilation to reduce the ozone levels in the room.
The on/off function here gives you the best of both worlds in that it allows you to kill germs and bacteria, reducing the risk of colds and even the flu while allowing you to keep your overall ozone level at safe levels.
Reviews for the Hoover Air Purifier with Ti02 technology are actually quite good especially among users who understand the limitations of this unit.
Some users stated that the indicator lights on this appliance are overly bright, making it difficult for it to be used in a small bedroom and a few others complained that this air purifier is not big enough.
However, when used in a small room, users did feel that this air purifier made a huge difference in the air quality of the room even stating that the air smelled cleaner.
Here are some things that users liked about this air purifier:
- People with allergies and respiratory disorders including COPD found that this purifier did help them to breathe better, even helping them reduce their dependency on oxygen.
- The pre-filter catches a lot of pollution and is extremely easy to clean.
- The replacement HEPA filters are reasonably priced
- The appliance seems to be quite durable even when run 24/7 lasting a year or more.
The Hoover Air Purifier 600 WH10600 seems to be a good appliance that meets many people’s needs.
While the ability to turn off the ionizer is a real plus in this appliance, one does need to consider the size of room in which you will be using this air purifier in order to get the most out of this small room appliance.