While no air purifier has it all, great design, functionality, quietness, and the ability to remove every kind of pollutant the Coway AP-1012GH Smart Air Purifier certainly comes close.
Features of the Coway Smart AP-1012GH include:
- 4 Stage level sensor, which automatically adjusts air flow speed to keep air pollutants at bay. You can choose from settings – high, medium, low and automatically.
- 4 stage filtration system includes; a pre-filter that cleans large particles such as pet hair and dander from the air, Carbon filter to remove odors, anti-bacterial HEPA filter removes particles 0.03 microns or bigger and an Ionizer.
- AHAM certified with a CADR rating of 165 for smoke
- Energy Star Rated
- Covers room size 256 square feet
- Black mirror like finish
- Measures 25.4” X 8.5” X 13.6”
- 3 Year estimated life on HEPA filter
What You Should Know About the Coway AP-1012GH Smart Air Purifier
While the features of this air purifier are quite impressive there are some things you need to consider when deciding whether or not the Coway Smart Air is the right air purifier to your meet your needs.
For those people who are concerned about the fact that this appliance has an ionizer and therefore may add to the levels of ozone in your home, you need to know that the ionizer in this machine can easily be shut off.
This gives you the best use of the ionizer as you can run it when everyone is out of the house, then come home and turn off the ionizer and ventilate the room, running the air purifier on high without the ionizer to help keep any outdoor pollutants that come into the home, plucked from the air.
The other thing you need to consider is the low CADR rating for smoke.
A rating of 165 is considered to be a fairly poor rating, and there doesn’t seem to be any rating figures for pollen or dust, which leaves the question of whether or not this air purifier is effective at removing these pollutants from the air unanswered.
However, you need to keep in mind that the CADR rating does not measure the removal of odors, chemical fumes, or other dangerous pollutants that this air purifier is designed to deal with.
Of course since there is no test to tell how efficient this air purifier is at removing these kinds of pollutants you will need to carefully read the reviews for this appliance in order to see how well people who already purchased this unit feel it functions.
Reviews for the Coway AP-1012GH Smart Air Purifier with HEPA Filter are exceptionally good.
The only real complaint is the higher initial cost. While the Coway smart air purifier is relatively inexpensive to maintain, the initial cost is higher than that of many other air purifiers.
However, most users not only are satisfied with their purchase of this appliance, but have stated they would recommend it to others.
Here are some of the features users like about this air purifier:
- Overall Design – Most users really like this air purifier’s overall design as they find it both well built and pleasing to look at. Many users felt this was one of the few air purifiers they considered that they would place in living areas where they entertain guests.
- Quiet Running – While the Coway Smart air purifier is not perfectly quiet, users report that the noise from this air filter on low and automatic is certainly quiet enough to not cause a distraction and on medium and high the white noise is not overbearing.
- Ability to Turn the Ionizer On and Off – Users like the fact that they can turn the ionizer on and off as needed. This helps to prevent the build up of ozone in your home.
- Easy Maintenance – Users also report that this appliance is easy to clean and maintain, that both the charcoal filter, which needs changed about once every 3 months and the 3 year HEPA filter are easy to change.
- Reduces Many Allergy symptoms – Various users report that this air filter helps to improve their ability to breathe, relieves allergy headaches and stuffy noses and even helps to prevent watery eyes.
- Good Price – While this air purifier certainly is not cheap, most users felt that this appliance was reasonably priced and considering the extensive air purifying system and the long life of the HEPA filter combined with the low energy consumption makes this appliance less expensive to operate than other cheaper air purifiers.
After studying the user reviews scattered around the Internet, it is clear that the Coway AP-1012GH Smart Air Purifier is a well built and high functioning air purifier.
Despite its relatively low CADR ratings most users find that this appliance does a good job of cleaning the air and allowing them to breathe easier.
If you are looking for an air purifier that has enough filtration to clear out almost every type of pollution from the air of your room or home, Coway Smart AP-1012GH may well worth considering.
The low running and maintenance cost of this appliance seems to make up for its slightly expensive upfront costs.