Popcorn is a favored treat in most households, so finding the best home popcorn maker can make enjoying that afternoon or night time snack much more pleasant.
Are you looking for a popcorn popper that can make light fluffy popcorn, limit the number of unpopped kernels and help provide you with great tasting popcorn?
If yes, then one of these popcorn makers may be the perfect popper to meet your needs.
Table of Content
- 1 Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
- 2 Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
- 3 Nordic Ware Microwave 12 Cup Popcorn Popper
- 4 Presto 04830 PowerPop Microwavable Multi-Popper
Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn PopperThis is the only stovetop popcorn popper among our selections. The Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Popcorn Popper works equally well on a traditional and glass top stove.
This stovetop popcorn popper has the look of an old fashioned popcorn popper that reminds one of the 1950s.
However, despite its old fashioned looks this crank popper actually makes great popcorn without you having to worry about any sticking or burning.
- 6 quart capacity
- Makes perfect theater style popcorn
- Stirring mechanism helps prevent the popcorn from sticking or burning
- Easy to clean
- 25 year warranty
- Clip on lid
- Stay cool wooden handle
Reviews for the Whirley Pop are quite good with most users feeling that this is a highly functional popcorn popper.
What users like about this popper include:
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean by just wiping out with a paper towel
- Makes great tasting popcorn
- Wooden handle stays cool
The only complaint users have is that this popper has plastic gears, which can break.
However, since this popper is extremely inexpensive and has a 25 year warranty broken gears may not be much of a problem.
Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
The Poplite popper has a sleek modern if somewhat uninteresting design.
However, for those looking to save a few calories while still enjoying this fluffy warm treat, the fact that this popper makes perfect popcorn without the need of oil is a real benefit.
- Pops fast
- 18 cups
- Pops regular and gourmet popcorn
- No oil
- Measures 7” X 11.6” X 10”
- Plastic Material
- Makes great low calorie popcorn
- Evenly pops corn
- Doesn’t burn the kernels
- Makes popcorn fast
The one complaint that users have with this popper is that the popper actually ejects hot kernels while the corn is popping.
Nordic Ware Microwave 12 Cup Popcorn Popper
Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper, 12-Cup, WhiteMicrowave popping is a modern way of popping corn. But many users don’t like the microwavable bag popcorn.
This is because the popcorn in the bag often contains high calories and too much salt that users don’t like.
This popper allows you to pop your own popcorn with or without oil.
This microwavable popper is a simple bowl popper with a plastic lid, but sometimes simplicity is highly functional.
This popcorn popper does everything it is meant to do, which is to make good popcorn easily.
- No need for oil, so those looking to save calories can and still enjoy this favored movie treat.
- Made of unbreakable gemstone cookware with plastic lid.
- Dishwasher as well as microwavable safe
- Measures 5” X 9.88” X 9.88”
- Makes light and fluffy popcorn
- Can make popcorn with or without oil
- Simple to use
- Easy to clean
While users don’t have any actual complaints about this popper they do state that you need to adjust the popping time to your microwave and when using different oils.
Presto 04830 PowerPop Microwavable Multi-Popper
Presto 04830 PowerPop Microwave Multi-PopperSince popping corn in the microwave has become the most popular way of popping corn, we have included a second microwave popper into this review.
The Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper is a clear plastic popper with a rather cool design.
The plastic is BPA free, making microwaving in this popper safer than using some other plastic poppers.
- Pops almost every kernel
- Can use yellow, white or hybrid popcorn
- Makes up to 3 quarts
- Easy to clean popping bowl
- Dishwasher safe
- Measures 10.3” X 10.2 X 5.2”
- BPA free
This popcorn popper gets good reviews with users liking several of the features, which include:
- Can be used with or without oil
- Makes light fluffy popcorn
- Pops nearly all the kernels
- Easy to clean
Users don’t like the fact that they need to keep purchasing the cups that go inside of this popper.